Custody and Parenting Time


Dads who have been actively involved in their children’s lives frequently find themselves fighting for their parental rights during divorce proceedings. At the Law Office of Brian Turner in Bryan, TX – Brazos County – I vigorously protect fathers who face this situation.Texas courts address custody in two distinct areas — conservatorship and possession and access. Conservatorship is the right to make decisions regarding a child’s education, health care, religious training and other important matters. Possession and access addresses the amount of time a parent has access to the child and where the child spends his or her days and nights.A legal battle for fair treatment in conservatorship and parenting time matters can be stressful and expensive. I encourage parents to focus on their child’s needs by using a cooperative approach that recognizes both parents’ rights. When parties work to reach solutions outside of the courtroom, they retain more control over the look and feel of their post-divorce lives. That is important, because although you are ending your marital relationship, you must continue to work together to raise your children.

A Strong Advocate Both In And Out Of The Courtroom

I often help clients who appear to be destined to litigate over conservatorship, child custody or parenting time resolve their differences without the need to litigate. However, if a fair offer is not reached through negotiation, I am an experienced trial lawyer who is always prepared to represent my clients in court.

I have been a practicing attorney since 1991, and I have focused on assisting fathers in family law matters since 2009. I have a thorough understanding of Texas statutes regarding custody, and parenting time or “visitation.” I emphasize a personal approach, working directly with every client to help him understand:

Experienced With Complex Parental Situations

If you are concerned that your child’s mother is unfit to receive custody or parenting time due to alcohol or drug addiction, or for any other reason, I will assess the facts of the situation and provide a candid opinion. The court may order supervised visitation if a parent is being treated for addiction or there is evidence of abuse.

I invite you to use my online contact form to schedule a consultation at my Bryan office. I can answer your questions about custody, parenting time or any other family law matter.

search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close